Inspiring Talkers clinic is proud to offer The SOS Approach to Feeding Program developed by Dr. Kay Toomey. SOS stands for Sequential-Oral-Sensory and is a transdisciplinary program that assesses and treats children with feeding/eating difficulties. Inspiring Talkers currently offers weekly individual feeding sessions for children with sensory, oral motor, and general feeding difficulties. These sessions are conducted by an SLP and/or OT trained in the SOS Approach to Feeding.
- Feeding Therapy can help kids who:
- Have difficulty eating
- Eat a limited number of foods
- Prefer foods of certain textures and avoid others
- Get tired during meals
- Eat slowly
- Cough after eating or drinking
- Gag or vomit while eating meals
- Use distractions to help them eat
- Are not staying on their growth curve
- Have difficulty gaining weight
- Receive nutrients from tube feeding
For further information about Inspiring Talkers feeding program, please call us at 720-378-6670.